Be part of a unique growth story!
Join us to help build the leading advanced composites automation and digital manufacturing company. Airborne is a technology leader in advanced composites, specialised in the industrialisation of engineering and manufacturing of durable fibre reinforced composites for Space, Aeronautics, Transport and Marine industries. Via Airborne’s unique combination of skills: our deep and wide composites, software engineering and mechatronics know-how – we enable our customers to unlock their full potential in digital manufacturing growth and create a competitive advantage. We are agile, flexible and think like a start-up. This nimble approach is challenging for many incumbent companies—but it’s at the heart of how we think to build winning positions by developing integrated, automated and connected manufacturing solutions for the composite industry. Together we are a dynamic group of 135 highly educated and passionate employees, split between our headquarter in The Hague Ypenburg (NL) and our site in Lambourn (UK).
What is your new job?
As our new (Sr) Business Development Manager, you are responsible for identifying commercial opportunities, but most of all converting these opportunities into business. You will sell our range of automated cells such as the Automated Laminating, Automated Potting or Automated Kitting solutions. You will manage the sales process through from cold-calling through to delivery. We are looking for someone to be proactive in sales.
Developing business intelligence into business plans and commercial roadmaps is an integral part of your responsibility. As our new Senior Business Development Manager you are Airborne’s representative towards the industry and you are well connected within the composites industry. The markets we operate in are aerospace, automotive and other industries where high-end composites are used.
Our objective is to become a dominant player in automated and digital manufacturing of advanced composites, working with major players such as raw material suppliers (Material Science), OEM’s and technology providers. Our aim is not to ‘just supply a machine’ but to provide and implement novel approaches for automated composite manufacturing that create breakthrough step changes in manufacturing cost and robustness.
For this position we are looking for a self-starter, someone with passion, creativity and entrepreneurial flair to make his own destiny.
You are customer oriented, with the mindset of a marketeer, not just selling what we have, but able to
understand our customer’s needs (where are our customers in their life cycle value-- what do they want to
achieve, which fears, wants, needs do they have) and how do we help them in their aspirations. Capable to translate customer insights and feedback into the technical team to drive future developments and be a coach to the junior Business Development team. You truly enjoy a “young scale up environment” where you can make your mark, while bringing in structure and more sophistication in our team.
Direct experience in composites is a must. Could be from machine sales, or from a composite manufacturer (tier 1). You have demonstratable experience of complex B2B selling with multiple stakeholders, influencing the full DMU and you are able to understand how to build a business case to convince all levels from operators to CFO and in between.
Furthermore, you possess all normal characteristics of a sales person, warm, friendly, easy to talk to, someone you want a beer with! But also a Pitbull that never gives up on his leads until they are converted…
Reporting Lines and Interactions
You will report directly to the CCO of Airborne International. You will work together with colleagues from the commercial teams, procurement, engineering, project management, finance and the Board of Directors.
- Masters degree of Aeospace, Chemistry, Material Science, or Mechanical Engineering
- MBA is a big advantage, but not required
- Eight+ years relevant experience in a B2B (technology) business development function
- Work experience in one of the following market segments: such as Aerospace, Automotive, Mass transportation, with a strong preferance for experience with composites and/or robotics
- Will be located in Ypenburg, NL
- Expectation of travel for 50% of time
- Technical insights and knowhow of the market
- Good network in the for us relevant composites sector(s)
- Excellent command of English. Dutch, German, French or Spanish are a wonderful add-on!
- Experience with opening new market sectors and developing customer relations and closing deals
- Commercial positioning of a company / defining value propositions and engaging with relevant customers to create a great sales experience
- Being a self-starter, passionate about your work and having the drive and sense of urgency to achieve results
- Entrepreneurial flair to help Airborne quadruple its revenue in the next four years
- Digital native is a must, with knowledge of SalesForce CRM, linkedin, Linkedin Sales Navigator is a plus
What we offer
Working at Airborne International will give you the opportunity to develop your career by working on highly innovative projects.
We offer you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. You will become part of our inspiring company where innovation, quality and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We will give you the opportunity for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- Generous annual leave of 32 days
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Flexible working hours; you can start between 7:00 and 9:30
- An office that is easy to access by car and by public transport
A great opportunity to be part of a unique growth story!
Information & procedure
Recruiter: Marguerite Kortland
In case you would like to apply, please send in your application (motivation and resume) via the Apply here button.
An online assessment is part of this application procedure.
Third party applications are not appreciated.