Be part of a unique growth story!
Composites are great materials to make high-end markets such as Aeronautics, Space, and Marine more sustainable, and Airborne is industrialising a broad range of composites manufacturing processes through of automation and digitalisation. We work in The Hague Ypenburg (NL) and Lambourn (UK). Together we are a dynamic group of 125 employees.
What will your days look like working at Airborne?
Anything that has to do with space and aerospace fascinates you. Being part of an innovative company that is in the progress of making composites more affordable and being able to work with unique products is what excites you.
This morning you have a review with the Production Manager to see if everything is going according to plan. Later today you have an appointment with one of our customers to talk about the co-engineering of future satellites. You are in the frontline of an innovative revolution!
What is your new job?
As Process Engineer you will define and optimise the manufacturing process. An important aspect of your role will also be the support of production: guidance during production, supervising tests, but also root cause analysis and dispositions for non-conformities. Furthermore you will exchange knowledge with other Process and Design Engineers and give support to the commercial department in quotations.
What are your responsibilities?
- Process engineering for composite manufacturing
- Analyse the data and use manufacturing simulation tools to design and optimise the process
- Providing clear documentation and work instructions
- Realising a design for manufacturing
- Produce within budget
- Implementation of production processes
- Deliver work instructions, production processes and travellers (product registration)
In this role you will report to the Manager Engineering & Projects. You will work closely together with the other engineers (structural, design, CAD), work preparators, Project managers, Quality team and Production manager and Production employees.
- Min. Bachelor degree in Mechanical- or Aerospace Engineering
- A preference to work experience in Space or Aeronautical engineering in process/manufacturing engineering
- Excellent knowledge of composite manufacturing processes, milling knowledge is an advantage
- Knowledge on composite materials
- Insight and affinity with planning
- Knowledge on (mechanical) constructions and tolerances
What we offer
Working at Airborne International will give you the opportunity to develop your career by working on highly innovative projects. We offer you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. You will become part of our inspiring company where innovation, quality and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We will give you the opportunity for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- Generous annual leave of 32 days
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Flexible working hours; you can start between 7:00 and 9:30
- An office that is easy to access by car and by public transport
- A great opportunity to be part of a unique growth story!
Information & procedure
Recruiter: Marguerite Kortland
In case you would like to apply, please send in your application (motivation and resume) via the Apply here button.
An online assessment is part of this application procedure.
Third party applications are not appreciated.