Be part of a unique growth story!
Composites are great materials to make high-end markets such as Aeronautics, Space, and Marine more sustainable, and Airborne is industrialising a broad range of composites manufacturing processes through of automation and digitalisation.
We work in The Hague Ypenburg (NL) and Lambourn (UK). Together we are a dynamic group of 125 employees.
We are setting up a new Digital team, to push forward our digital offerings to the market. These consist of four elements:
- Automated Programming, to have a seamless and fully automated workflow from design to manufacture
- Data Insights, to provide clients and ourselves a full and deep view on the processes and systems
- Adaptive Processing, to create a process that adapts to variations in material input and environment, enabled by Digital Twins and
- Client Portals, to make the use of composites simple and efficient through web-based portals that drive the full process from creation to manufacturing.
The digital team is embedded in the overall automation team who are developing breakthrough automation solutions to radically reduce the cost of manufacturing. This is with modular systems (robotised machine cells) and with full end-to-end automation production lines.
What is your new job?
As Digital Lead, you will be responsible for creating our digital offerings, developing them to maturity and bringing them to the market. This is in close collaboration with the CTO, CCO and the commercial team. You will identify opportunities, define the strategy, create a roadmap for development and market introduction, and head the development of the software and the client portals. The role is hands-on in programming and requires an entrepreneurial attitude. You will build the digital team and ensure we have the right capabilities in house, and set up a network of technology partners. You’ll represent the company to the market and other stakeholders.
What are your responsibilities?
- Create digital offerings
- Develop offerings
- Bring offerings to the market
- MSc degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics or similar, PhD is preferred
- Ten years relevant experience in development and management roles
- Five year experience in digital
- Deep insights in digital manufacturing, Industry 4.0 and IoT
- General knowledge of composite technologies
- Technical insights and knowledge of industrial markets
- Able to create strategic positioning of the company and our proposition
- Able to interact with C-level and strategic stakeholders
- Excellent command of English
- Experience with customer relations
What we offer
Working at Airborne International will give you the opportunity to develop your career by working on highly innovative projects.
We offer you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. You will become part of our inspiring company where innovation, quality and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We will give you the opportunity for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- Generous annual leave of 32 days
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Flexible working hours; you can start between 7:00 and 9:30
- An office that is easy to access by car and by public transport
A great opportunity to be part of a unique growth story!
Information & procedure
Recruiter: Marguerite Kortland
In case you would like to apply, please send in your application (motivation and resume) via the Apply here button.
An online assessment is part of this application procedure.
Third party applications are not appreciated.