Be part of a unique growth story!
Composites are great materials to make high-end markets such as Aeronautics, Space, and Marine more sustainable, and Airborne is industrialising a broad range of composites manufacturing processes through of automation and digitalisation. We work in The Hague Ypenburg (NL) and Lambourn (UK). Together we are a dynamic group of 125 employees.
What will your days look like working at Airborne?
Our new commercial, result-oriented Proposal Engineer is a crucial link, along with your Business Development Managers, in securing projects of varying size and complexity. In this role you will be responsible for the process of putting together an appropriate proposal for clients in the aerospace market. As a real spider in the web you support the Business Development Manager by working on the leads they have generated, by translating client requirements into technical specifications. Some other tasks in your new job include assisting the Business Development Managers in concluding contracts, attending negotiations with clients and managing the proposal generation process in line with the customer deadline.
What are your responsibilities?
- Identify possibilities for improving the competitiveness of our offerings
- Drawing up competitive proposals that meet the client’s requirements
- Drawing up the budget and schedule for the proposal
- Compile technical documents for the bid, including reports, specifications, risk analysis, qualification plan and the technical proposal
- Determining what internal and external resources are needed
- Obtaining input from support departments and assessing that input
- A Bachelor’s degree at higher vocational education (HBO) level or Master’s degree at university level in civil engineering, aerospace engineering. maritime engineering, industrial engineering or mechanical engineering
- At least seven years of relevant work experience in a similar role in the composite and/or aerospace industry
- Experience gained in previous jobs in drawing up complex budgets and proposals within deadlines
- Strong analytical and numerical skills and an eye for the interests of both the customer and Airborne
- Ability to communicate with ease at various levels with both internal clients and domestic and international clients and suppliers
- A perfect command of written and spoken English
- A strong preference for a dynamic and deadline-driven work environment
- A willingness to make short trips abroad
- Ability to work stand-alone (as BM is often away in the field)
- Good IT-literacy, especially in MS Office
What we offer
Working at Airborne International will give you the opportunity to develop your career by working on highly innovative projects.
We offer you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. You will become part of our inspiring company where innovation, quality and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We will give you the opportunity for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- Generous annual leave of 32 days
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Flexible working hours; you can start between 7:00 and 9:30
- An office that is easy to access by car and by public transport
A great opportunity to be part of a unique growth story!
Information & procedure
Recruiter: Marguerite Kortland
In case you would like to apply, please send in your application (motivation and resume) via the Apply here button.
An online assessment is part of this application procedure.