Join us to help build the leading advanced composites automation and digital manufacturing company. Airborne is a technology leader in advanced composites, specialised in the industrialisation of engineering and manufacturing of durable fibre reinforced composites for Space, Aeronautics, Transport and Marine industries. Via Airborne’s unique combination of skills: our deep and wide composites, software engineering and mechatronics know-how – we enable our customers to unlock their full potential in digital manufacturing growth and create a competitive advantage. We are agile, flexible and think like a start-up. This nimble approach is challenging for many incumbent companies—but it’s at the heart of how we think to build winning positions by developing integrated, automated and connected manufacturing solutions for the composite industry. Together we are a dynamic group of 135 highly educated and passionate employees, split between our headquarter in The Hague Ypenburg (NL) and our site in Lambourn (UK).
Our objective is to become a dominant player in automated and digital manufacturing of advanced composites, working with major players such as raw material suppliers (Material Science), OEM’s and technology providers. Our aim is not to ‘just supply a machine’ but to provide and implement novel solutions for automated composite manufacturing that create breakthrough step changes in manufacturing cost and robustness
For this position we are looking for a self-starter, someone with passion, drive, creativity and entrepreneurial flair to help Airborne quadruple its revenue in the next four years.
You are customer oriented, with the mindset of a marketeer, not just selling what we have, but able to understand our customer’s needs (where are our customers in their product life cycle -- what do they want to achieve, which fears, wants, needs do they have) and how do we help them in their aspirations. Capable to translate customer insights and feedback into the technical team to drive future developments and be a coach to the Business Development team. You truly enjoy a “young scale up environment” where you can make your mark, while bringing in structure and more sophistication in the team.
Direct experience in composites is a must. Could be from machine sales, or from a composite manufacturer (Tier 1). You have demonstratable experience of complex B2B selling with multiple stakeholders, have an established network at DMU level and are able to understand how to convince all stakeholders to achieve conversion.
Furthermore, you possess all normal characteristics of a sales person, warm, friendly, easy to talk to, someone you want a beer with! But also being a Pitbull that never gives up on his leads until the ACA & Overall Company Goals are achieved!
- The Commercial Director is responsible for the ACA Business Development strategy, policy and execution for the business unit in order to achieve the revenue, gross margin and EBITDA goals.
- Responsible for (shaping of the) ACA business strategy in consultation with the business unit MT and the Board
- Ensuring the development and implementation of effective strategic sales plans with a clear vision on sales and practical actions in the short and long term
- Co-responsible for directing the technology roadmap of the ACA business unit
- The Commercial Director is responsible to achieve best in class sales excellence, develop the right business Intelligence and insights of existing and new markets and translate these into business plans and commercial roadmaps and building and driving conversion of the sales funnel.
- Set up strategic partnerships with customers and industrial partners that accelerate conversion
- Responsible in combination with the Marketing Manager for PR and marketing activities for the business unit
- The Commercial Director leads the commercial biz dev team in the ACA business unit by example and is a member of the ACA BU MT.
- Drive our machine solution sales and ‘statement of works’ conversions via superior customer engagement (winning customer mindshare and through sense making selling influence purchase decisions to achieve high quality – low regret deals)
- Coordinate participation in key trade shows, congresses and events.
- Coordinate acquisition, quotes, calculations and benchmarking. Develop value propositions aimed at our target segments that resonate and drive value.
- You are a thought leader towards the industry and our target markets and well connected within the composites industry. The markets we operate in are aerospace, automotive and other industries where high-end composites are used.
Reporting Lines and Interactions
- You will report directly to the CCO of Airborne International. You will work together with your ACA MT colleagues, commercial teams, procurement, engineering, project management, finance and the Board of Directors.
- Able to reframe commercial business strategy, see around corners and redefine the race and the rules
- Develops transformational strategies based on strong customer centricity
- Exhibits a broad understanding of new technology and identifies commercial strategies that capitalise on its potential
- Able to translate wider business strategies into clear commercial operational strategies and develop executable plans around these.
- High level of financial capability and ability to see trends in numbers and to understand how the total business makes money.
- Strong understanding of managing for value concepts and the tools for evaluating the cost of capital and for allocating resources.
- Identifies and drives exceptional, leading edge practice in own area and area of direct influence
- Strategically manages the business planning cycle including creating and managing effective measures of business performance.
- Proactively stretches performance standards and expectations in all areas of the business and robustly challenges under performance
- Ability to develop systematic plans for driving change and for monitoring the implementation of new initiatives
- Master degree of Aerospace, Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering
- MBA is a big advantage, but not required
- Executive Leadership Programs
- 15+ years relevant experience in scaling B2B (technology) businesses internationally
- International work experience in one of the following market segments: Aerospace, Automotive, Mass transportation, with a strong preference for experience with composites and/or robotics
- Will be located in Ypenburg, NL
- Expectation of travel for 50% of time
- Excellent command of English. Dutch, German, French or Spanish are a wonderful add-on!
- Being a self-starter, passionate about your work and having the drive and sense of urgency to achieve results
- Entrepreneurial flair to help Airborne quadruple its revenue in the next four years
- Digital native is a must, with knowledge of SalesForce CRM, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Sales Navigator is a plus
What we offer
Working at Airborne International will give you the opportunity to develop your career by working on highly innovative projects.
We offer you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. You will become part of our inspiring company where innovation, quality and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We will give you the opportunity for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- A lease car
- Generous annual leave of 32 days
- Retirement Pension Plan
A great opportunity to be part of our unique growth story!
Information & procedure
Recruiter: Marguerite Kortland
In case you would like to apply, please send in your application (motivation and resume) via the Apply here button. For more information, please contact Marguerite Kortland, HR Manager via +316-30285486.
An online assessment is part of this application procedure.
Third party applications are not appreciated.