Be part of a unique growth story!
Composites are great materials to make high-end markets such as Aeronautics, Space, and Marine more sustainable, and Airborne is industrialising a broad range of composites manufacturing processes through of automation and digitalisation.
We work in The Hague Ypenburg (NL) and Lambourn (UK). Together we are a dynamic group of 125 employees.
What is your new job?
Our new Automation Lead at Airborne Composites Automation (ACA) will help develop new and innovative automation solutions for the composite industry. We are looking for a person to reinforce and expand our capabilities in the area of control systems.
What are your responsibilities?
In this role you are responsible for defining the customer's technical requirements and issuing both technical and functional specifications. Also defining work packages, planning and organising all technical activities within the assigned projects and giving input for sales management in the quotation phase.
You are up to date with the latest in-depth technical knowledge, and act as a technical source of information for project and sales management. In this role you will be leading, developing, motivating and coaching the automation team (non-hierarchical function). You are the automation expert and a source of information.
In this pivotal function you ensure that all technical communication with the parties involved (such as: customers, suppliers, project leaders, installation team, commissioning and testing) runs smoothly.
Your team (and you as well!) is responsible for:
- Designing, developing, and implementing PLC control systems (logic software and hardware) to meet project requirements
- Controlling and programming industrial robots
- Understanding requirements on user/communication interfaces and networking and creating specifications based on these requirements
- Able to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Support that the developed automated solutions operate safely, robustly and reliably
- Write clear documentation and work instructions
Reporting Lines and Interactions
You will report to the Engineering Manager of ACA. You will work together with your colleagues in the business unit (Project Management, Mechanical, Automation, Process Engineering) and ACA’s partners.
- Minimum BSc degree in a technical subject, Electrical or Industrial Automation
- Five Years of relevant experience in industrial automation
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to build strong working relationships
- Ability and attitude to look beyond project boundaries
- Ability to align all stakeholders, from operation to strategic level
- Fluent in both Dutch and English
What we offer
Working at Airborne International will give you the opportunity to develop your career by working on highly innovative projects.
We offer you a well rewarding job in an inspiring environment with like-minded and talented colleagues. You will become part of our inspiring company where innovation, quality and creativity are key to meet our company goals. We will give you the opportunity for personal and professional growth, by training, learning on the job and coaching.
Furthermore, we offer:
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment
- Generous annual leave of 32 days
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Flexible working hours; you can start between 7:00 and 9:30
- An office that is easy to access by car and by public transport
A great opportunity to be part of a unique growth story!
Information & procedure
Recruiter: Marguerite Kortland
Information & procedure
In case you would like to apply, please send in your application (motivation and resume) via the Apply here button.
An online assessment is part of this application procedure.
Third party applications are not appreciated.